Here are my other 2014 Rankings if you missed them:
Well, it’s about that time of the year. After a full year of listening to songs, attending concerts, and contemplating lyrics, it’s time to reveal my year-end list for the best of 2014 in music. It’s always hard to quantify why a song or album is better than another, so I’ll just preface by saying that these are my subjective favorites. There’s nothing objective about this list.
We’ll start off with my favorite songs of the year today, before going on to list my favorites shows among the ones I attended tomorrow. We’ll then finish off with my favorite albums for the year on Thursday.
The songs on this list are songs officially considered singles by the bands who released them. There are no deep cuts on this list. The list below should give you an idea of which albums made my favorite albums list in 2 days.
20. Sylvan Esso – Coffee
19. Alvvays – Archie, Marry Me
18. Taylor Swift – Out of the Woods
Could Taylor really make my top albums list?!
17. St Vincent – Birth In Reverse
16. Nickel Creek – Destination
15. JJ – Dynasti
14. Shovels and Rope – The Devil Is All Around
13. Sharon Van Etten – Every Time The Sun Comes Up
12. Lykke Li – Heart of Steel
11. Jenny Lewis – Just One Of The Guys
10. The War on Drugs – Under The Pressure
09. The Orwells – Who Needs You
I liked this song before the Apple commercial even came out, hah!
08. Allo Darlin’ – History Lessons
07. Sia – Chandelier
This was easily my favorite video of the year
06. Cloud Nothings – I’m Not Part Of Me
05. Charli XCX – Boom Clap
My favorite pop song of 2014
04. Future Islands – Seasons
Most epic live performance
03. Real Estate – Talking Backwards
02. Angel Olsen – Hi-Five
01. Strand of Oaks – Shut In
No song in 2014 comes close to how good this song is