Tag Archives: Bon Iver

Album To Check Out: S. Carey – Supermoon

S Carey – Supermoon comes out 2/17 via Jagjaguwar (order here) Advertisements

Posted in Album To Check Out | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Album To Check Out: S. Carey – Range of Light

It’s hard to stand out against the shadow of your more famous peer. In the case of Wisconsin musician Sean Carey (aka S. Carey), it is the mighty shadow of Justin Vernon that he has to stand out against. While … Continue reading

Posted in Album To Check Out | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Album To Check Out: Volcano Choir – Repave

Don’t you wish we have more Bon Iver records? Bon Iver, the solo project founded by Justin Vernon, which eventually evolved into a full-blown grown produced two magnificent well-loved and critically acclaimed records – the heartbreakingly lonely For Emma, Forever … Continue reading

Posted in Album To Check Out | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

All Time Favorite Albums: Top Ten List

Here are my top ten favorite albums of all time, arranged in descending order, with my favorite track from each album. 10. M83 – Before The Dawn Heals Us (2005) 9. Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago (2008) 8. … Continue reading

Posted in All Time Favorite Albums | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Album To Check Out: S. Carey – Hoyas EP

You might know Sean Carey as being the calming influence on the band Bon Iver – the Spock to Justin Vernon’s Kirk. His steady drum-playing and supporting vocal harmonies are just as an integral part of Bon Iver as Vernon’s … Continue reading

Posted in Album To Check Out | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Album To Check Out: Polica – Give You The Ghost

Of all the singers and bands who use auto-tune, I would say I hate 90% of them as they use auto-tune to mask the deficiencies behind their voices. Polica belongs to the other 10% that I love. Led by singer … Continue reading

Posted in Album To Check Out | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Album To Check Out: Sharon Van Etten – Tramp

Wow. My not-so-bold-prediction is that Tramp, the excellent, EXCELLENT third LP effort of Sharon Van Etten, is going to end up in a lot of music critics’ year-end best-of album list. Sharon Van Etten first came to my attention with … Continue reading

Posted in Album To Check Out | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments